Thursday, January 14, 2010

Go figure

We have seemed to come to Texas at it's coldest winter on record. Go figure. I am sure that it will warm up, and has some...just could do with out all the rain and dreary days. I am sure that it will change too.

We are really close to the border....I mean really. We can go to the river (about a mile or so), and watch the Mexicans swim across the river, and border patrol usher them back. We personally have not witnessed this....but have been told by our neighbors that they have seen this. We do plan on going into Mexico, but have not decided when.

As for things to do...well, flea markets and ropa's, (clothing), and more flea markets, and dances, (Texas 2step), and did I mention flea markets???

The ropa's, (and I am not sure that I have spelled that correctly), are big warehouses that truck in all this stuff (mostly clothes) and dump it in piles, (really BIG!! piles), so that the Mexican women, (mostly), can paw through it and buy it by the pound. I am not kidding. I will have pictures as soon as I can....I didn't have the batteries charged. We have only found one of these warehouses, but I understand that there are many and I guess that you can get new clothing too...but all I saw was used, (and some used really well), looked liked stuff that is donated to the Good Will. The price per pound (at the one that I have been in), was $1.50. The locals and the "winter Texans" say that they find really good deals....I will hold judgment.

We have settled in and so far the people that we have spoke to, all seem really friendly. Lots of dog owners, so the girls have all kinds of new smells.

'till the next time, all is well with the girls and us.

No comments: