Saturday, April 27, 2013

Traveling again to Colorado

I know that is has been quite awhile since my last blog....hopefully I will keep up with it better this summer and even after that.  Only time will tell. 

While we have been on the road since the beginning of April, I have not had too much to talk about, but since I have something to talk about now I will start at the beginning....  When we started this trip on Easter Sunday we had not got out of the state of Georgia when we had a tire blow out.  Fortunately for us it was a inside dually tire and caused no damage.  After having a small heart attack at the cost of the tire plus labor, (being Sunday and Easter), we opted to wait until Monday for the repairs.....three tires later we are back on the road. 

We made our way to Livingston, TX and finished our domicile change and moved onto Houston to visit with Grandma Hiner, Aunt Tonya and Uncle David.  Had a great visit, but too short as usual.  We then made our way to San Antonio.  Stayed a few days there and then moved onto New Mexico.

We have been here for two weeks....and really have had a wonderful time.  This has been a really wonderful, unique, group of people.  They have embraced us like family.  We have to leave just to have the rest. Paul and I have learned how to play Mahjong, Hand and Foot, and Pokeno.  I have beaded, puzzled, chit chatted and learned the words to Happy Trails.  We have welcomed other travelers home and wished others safe travels.  When I say that we are sad to leave, that is not just lip service. 

So with all that being said, we are sad to leave, but it is time to move onto our summer haunts and get on around the next curve. 

All is well with the girls and us....I will be back with more and pictures too.

No comments: