Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day three and four in Las Vegas

Well I didn't get the chance to write up day three, because it was really night and we didn't get home until late.  Well it was late for us, and if you go by the time change then it was REALLY late for us.

First we went to a craft show.  It was very nice....good thing that I live in a RV.  I could have bought some really nice things, but I just bought a fancy Carmel apple, and some other food items.  I had a very nice time and came away with a bunch of ideas, as usual.  Then we decided that we would come home and take a nap for our late night adventure.
Well I tried to upload the Bellagio fountain show in my blog and it is not to be...but I did get it up loaded in Facebook.  What a beautiful fountain show.  So cool.  We also got to see the Sirens of Treasure Island...that was a cool show too. Here is a better video of the strip.....lol  Just too much to try and get it all on a camera video.


Fremont Street
Our night adventure ended at the Fremont Experience. That was fun...and very busy.  I guess from what I read and heard, that the Fremont Experience is what Las Vegas use to be, very busy and congested....now it is ALL, congested and very busy.  On the strip there is more shops and shows in front of huge hotels.  Not to mention all that goes on in the hotels.  This is one busy place, no doubt about it.  The electric bill here has got to be in the millions....okay I don't really know about that, but if they wanted to go green I think that the local electric company would go belly up.

Badwater Basin....282 feet below sea level







On day four we went to Death Valley......it is now crossed off my bucket list.  No need to go back, I think that I saw all there was to see.  Maybe spring time would be beautiful with the flowers that are only in Death Valley, but right now, not doing much for me.   

Other than the roadrunner that we saw at the visitor center and the few Ravens, we only saw one more inhabitant and that was a coyote.
 
I do believe that he was waiting for me to give him something.  I thought that he was going to come closer, as it was he was within touching distance.  Looks pretty healthy to me.  We saw another one on down the road, but he was not having anything to do with us.

As we were making our way back to the RV, we did get to see one more unique thing and that was this spider....never would have thought to see a tarantula spider  in the wild.  We saw three of them and probably missed a few...they are difficult to see as they blend in very well with their environment.

With our last day upon us I think that it will be spent much quieter.  We have had a whirl wind trip.  Got to do and see a lot of things that I had never expected to see or do.  I have had a great Birthday week, (year), and want to thank my wonderful husband for that.

Until the next time, all is well with us and the girls...

No comments: